Chief Officer of the Year
This award is presented to the one individual who best exemplifies the characteristics of a Chief Officer who has an outstanding record of fire service achievements and leadership. These characteristics encompass all aspects of dedication, loyalty, productivity, professionalism and commitment.
The candidate should be an outstanding leader involved not only in their department, but in other aspects of the fire service and community. This award is meant to honor an individual who has given selflessly of themselves to the fire service and those they serve. The nominee should exhibit:
Dedication – The individual has demonstrated the highest degree of dedication and participation to activities within their fire department including training, fire response, public education and other fire department operations.
Loyalty – The individual has demonstrated an allegiance to their fire department and to its fire fighters and officers. This individual supports others efforts to achieve the goals of the fire service, supports their fire department’s policies, and engages in activities aimed at improvements in the department or fire service community.
Productivity – The individual has gone beyond normal duties of their position to make visible improvements that have enhanced the department’s ability to reduce fire losses and to better serve the community.
Professionalism – The individual performs their fire service duties in a manner that exemplifies the competency that reflects the highest standards of the fire service and regularly demonstrates the ability to lead or follow based on the existing circumstances.
Commitment – The individual has made the commitment to their department to better the working relationship with the neighboring departments and other regional departments while maintaining a strong working relationship with their own fire fighters. This individual also has the ability to function well under all circumstances.
- Nominee must be a current member of the Fire Fighters Association of Missouri for the year nominated and also a member for the year prior to the nomination.
- All nominations must include the completed (legible) official nomination form.
- Complete nomination forms and supporting documentation must be received by February 28th.
- Those making nominations will receive an acknowledgement of receipt of the nomination.
- The committee reserves the right to evaluate all nominations and exclude any not complying with the stated awards process.
- All nominations and associated documentation become the property of the FFAM.
- This award may not be presented based on evaluation of nominations received.