Award of Valor
The award of valor is presented to recognize fire fighter(s) who clearly distinguish themselves by displaying great courage while under risk of personal injury, while attempting to save a life or prevent substantial loss of property, regardless of the outcome of the action.
- Nominee must be a current member of the Fire Fighters Association of Missouri for the year nominated and also a member for the year prior to the nomination.
- All nominations must include the completed (legible) official nomination form.
- Nominations for this award must be submitted by a current FFAM member.
- Nominations involving violations of generally accepted safety standards other than those acts not within the control of the nominee or applicable at the time of the action will not be considered.
- The nominee’s actions may take place while on or off duty.
- Complete nomination forms and supporting documentation must be received by February 28th.
- Those making nominations will receive an acknowledgement of receipt of the nomination.
- The committee reserves the right to evaluate all nominations and exclude any not complying with the stated awards process.
- All nominations and associated documentation become the property of the FFAM.
- This award may not be presented based on evaluation of nominations received.