Greetings… Summer has finally arrived! We are probably planning vacations, spending time with family, or just wanting to stay home and just relax.
I am going to write about something different this newsletter. I am going to write about the benefits you receive as a FFAM member. Many times when I travel the state and visit departments, I have a lot of members that ask about what benefits they are suppose to receive as a member.
As an FFAM Member you receive the following benefits:
- A member in the largest fire service association in the state of Missouri
- Supporting an organized voice on important annual fire service legislation in Jefferson City
- Representation on the National Volunteer Fire Council
- Access to a Line of Duty Death benevolence program that makes available $1,000 to your beneficiary
- Eligible to receive assistance with the repair or loss of broken eyeglasses up to $200
- Access to college and high school scholarships for yourself, dependents or family members
- Department members are eligible to apply for up to $3,000 in an equipment grant
- Receive discounts of up to 25% on select VFIS programs
- Have access to low cost AD and D insurance
- Receive a 10% discount on IFSTA and Jones and Bartlett training manuals
- Have exclusive access to California Casualty insurance programs for preferred auto and home
- Receive discounts on tuition through Columbia Southern University and Waldorf College through our Learning Partners Agreement
- Discount medical screenings from Life Line Screenings
- Air Evac membership discounts
- Discount tickets to Worlds of Fun in Kansas City and Six Flags in St. Louis
- Department/member MU FRTI Winter Fire School training scholarship
- ID machine available for check-out for all your department ID needs
Each FFAM member receives a bi-monthly newsletter delivered to your home. The newsletter details a large variety of fire service issues on a regional, state and national level, training schedule of regional and state fire schools, featured articles, equipment classified ads, political issues and more.
Each member will receive a membership card and an FFAM window decal.
Each department will receive a membership plaque to track each year of membership.
Also available to the departments are blue light permit cards at no cost.
You and your department have a unique training and public service opportunity with the Missouri State Fair Fire Department, fire, EMS, first aid, fire prevention and crash rescue. All operated by the FFAM during the Missouri State Fair.
You are encouraged to attend the yearly convention hosted by an FFAM member department. This includes competitive contests of skill, an awards banquet, a dance and the Sunday morning business meeting. Convention registration is conveniently provided in the FFAM newsletter or on the website.
FFAM serves as an organized liaison for bridging and monitoring various agencies and organizations that benefits its membership. This includes MU FRTI and the Division of Fire Safety, the political front and other state agencies.
You have access to a board members that lives in your geographical region to assist you and your department on issues of local and regional importance. This relationship provides a better understanding of your local problems and challenges.
The FFAM Auxiliary is for the spouses of the FFAM members, who support activities of the FFAM.
The FFAM now accepts 911 dispatch centers and EMS agencies into our membership. Please talk to them and see if they would like to become members, if they do want to become members contact myself or your director and we will be glad to help you.
I hope this information has helped some of our members. If the FFAM can be of any help to you or our department please don’t hesitate to contact the office, myself or your area director. My email is firstname.lastname@example.org and my cell is 660-229-4525. We would like to attend your events as well. Take care and stay safe out there brothers and sisters…until next time.