Life Saving Award
The life saving award is presented to the fire fighter(s) whose performance was conducted with prompt and alert action which specifically results in the successful saving of a human life. The actions taken may include the use of basic, technical or mechanical equipment in the successful life saving effort.
- Nominee must be a current member of the Fire Fighters Association of Missouri for the year nominated and also a member for the year prior to the nomination.
- All nominations must include the completed (legible) official nomination form.
- Nominations for this award must be submitted by a current FFAM member.
- Nominations involving violations of generally accepted safety standards, other than those acts not within the control of the nominee or applicable at the time of the action, will not be considered.
- The nominee’s actions may take place while on or off duty.
- Complete nomination forms and supporting documentation must be received by February 28th.
- Those making nominations will receive an acknowledgement of receipt of the nomination.
- The committee reserves the right to evaluate all nominations and exclude any not complying with the stated awards process.
- All nominations and associated documentation become the property of the FFAM.
- This award may not be presented based on evaluation of nominations received.