Fire Fighter of the Year
This award is presented to the one individual of any rank below a Chief Officer excluding Junior Fire Fighters who best exemplifies the positive characteristics of a member of the fire service and who has a notable record of service and achievements. Although not an award for heroism, this award is presented to the individual who has given selflessly of themselves in support of the department, the fire service in general and the community. Nominees will be evaluated with attention to the following criteria:
Dedication – The individual has demonstrated the highest degree of dedication and participation to activities within their fire department including training, fire response, public education and other fire department operations.
Loyalty – The individual has demonstrated an allegiance to their fire department and to its fire fighters and officers. This individual supports others efforts to achieve the goals of the fire service, supports their fire department’s policies and engages in activities aimed at improvements in the department or fire service community.
Productivity – The individual has gone beyond normal duties of their position to make visible improvements that have enhanced the department’s ability to reduce fire losses and to better serve the community.
Professionalism – The individual performs their fire service duties in a manner that exemplifies the competency that reflects the highest standards of the fire service and regularly demonstrates the ability to lead or follow based on the existing circumstances.
- Nominee must be a current member of the Fire Fighters Association of Missouri for the year nominated and also a member for the year prior to the nomination.
- All nominations must include the completed (legible) official nomination form.
- Complete nomination forms and supporting documentation must be received by February 28th.
- Those making nominations will receive an acknowledgement of receipt of the nomination.
- The committee reserves the right to evaluate all nominations and exclude any not complying with the stated awards process.
- All nominations and associated documentation become the property of the FFAM.
- This award may not be presented based on evaluation of nominations received.