Fire Department of the Year
This award is given to the one career, combination or volunteer fire department/district which best exemplifies leadership in the fire service through commitment to excellence, progressiveness and service to their community. Criteria considered, but are not limited to:
Dedication – The department has demonstrated the highest degree of dedication and participation to the citizens they serve and the fire service in general including progressive fire suppression practices.
Loyalty – The department has demonstrated an allegiance to their community and their personnel through improvements in the working environment, equipment, facilities and training.
Productivity – The department members have gone beyond normal expectations to make visible improvements that have enhanced the department’s ability to reduce fire losses and to better serve the community including public fire prevention programs, inspections and other public relation activities.
Professionalism – The department performs their fire service duties in a manner that exemplifies the competency that reflects the highest standards of the fire service and regularly demonstrates a high level of professionalism to the public.
Commitment – The department has made the commitment to their citizens and the neighboring departments to better their working relationships and function well under all circumstances.
- Nominee must be a current member of the Fire Fighters Association of Missouri for the year nominated and also a member for the year prior to the nomination.
- All nominations must include the completed (legible) official nomination form.
- Complete nomination forms and supporting documentation must be received by February 28th.
- Those making nominations will receive an acknowledgement of receipt of the nomination.
- The committee reserves the right to evaluate all nominations and exclude any not complying with the stated awards process.
- All nominations and associated documentation become the property of the FFAM.
- This award may not be presented based on evaluation of nominations received.